ARRT'S    ARRCHIVES





Copyright 2001-2009 Arthur John Huneke

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

THE   OLD   NORTHPORT   BRANCH

PAGE NEW FEBRUARY 16, 2002.

THE HICKSVILLE & COLD SPRING BRANCH RAILROAD REACHED SYOSSET JULY 3, 1854.
THE SAME COMPANY EXTENDED ITS RAILS TO HUNTINGTON
JANUARY 13, 1868 AND TO NORTHPORT APRIL 25, 1868.
THE SMITHTOWN & PORT JEFFERSON RAILROAD WAS ORGANIZED JUNE 3, 1870 TO BUILD
FROM NORTHPORT JUNCTION TO PORT JEFFERSON AND OPENED JANUARY 13, 1873,
LEAVING NORTHPORT AT THE END OF A MILE AND A HALF LONG BRANCH

HENRY   RAUDENBUSCH   MAP   CIRCA 1950


1941 AND 1990'S MAPS




JULY 4, 1880 EMPLOYE TIME TABLE SHOWS "OLD NORTHPORT"   AND "NEW NORTHPORT".   TRAIN NUMBER 505 RAN AS A PASSENGER TRAIN TO OLD NORTHPORT THEN AS A MIXED TRAIN TO PORT JEFFERSON.



EMPLOYE TIME TABLE FROM 1899,   THE LAST YEAR OF PASSENGER SERVICE TO
OLD NORTHPORT,   SHOWS "NORTHPORT" AND "NORTHPORT (EAST STATION)".




TWO JOHN KRAUS PHOTOS CIRCA 1950.




"NORTHPORT JUNCTION" IN 1973.


THREE 1973 PHOTOS AT LAUREL HILL ROAD.
















ELWOOD ROAD CROSSING IN 1973.


LOOKING EAST (NORTH) FROM ELWOOD ROAD.


LOOKING WEST (SOUTH) TOWARD ELWOOD ROAD.


ABANDONED SIDE TRACK BETWEEN ELWOOD ROAD AND ROUTE 25A.


FOUR PHOTOGRAPHS SHOWING ROUTE 25A (WASHINGTON STREET IN 1941
FORT SALONGA ROAD) CROSSING.








NORTHPORT TERMINAL CIRCA 1875.


AXINN & SONS LUMBER COMPANY.
IN 1941 THIS YARD WAS IDENTIFIED AS G. BRUSH AND SONS LUMBER COMPANY.




SEPTEMBER 9, 1956 FAN TRIP - WILLIAM J. RUGEN PHOTO.




IN 1941 THIS YARD WAS IDENTIFIED AS NORTHPORT COAL
AND LUMBER COMPANY. THE CROSSING IS CHURCH STREET.










RETURN TO TOP