ON FEBRUARY 9, 1939 EIGHT BLOCKS LENGTH OF THE BRANCH WAS REMOVED FROM SERVICE.
THESE CROSSINGS WERE CLOSED: HIMROD STREET; STANHOPE STREET; STOKHOLM STREET;
DeKALB AVENUE; HART STREET; SUYDAM STREET; WILLOUGHBY AVENUE AND STARR STREET.
Eegee, Gold Doll or Goldberger Dolls 1917-1980. The Eegee Doll Company was founded in 1917 by Mr. & Mrs. Eugene Goldberger in Brooklyn, NY - the Eegee trademark was first used in 1923. Early dolls were marked E G, Gold Doll, Gold Doll Co., E. Goldberger and finally Eegee or Goldberger or TRADEMARK EEGEE Dolls MADE IN USA. They produced composition, latex, hard plastic and vinyl dolls. During the thirty year period, 1954 to 1984, manufacturing took place at 538 Johnson Ave., Brooklyn. On the Stewart Ave. side of the building in 2002 there was a sign for Eegee Doll. Eegee Doll was painted over a sign for Englander Spring Beds