ARRT'S    ARRCHIVES





GOD   BLESS   AMERICA!

Copyright © 2015   ARTHUR   JOHN   HUNEKE
ALL   RIGHTS   RESERVED


THE   FLUSHING   RAIL   ROAD   COMPANY
THE   NEW   YORK &   FLUSHING   RAILROAD   COMPANY
THE   NORTH   SHORE   RAILROAD   COMPANY
1910   TRACK   REALIGNMENT   and
LITTLE   NECK   STATION
THE   FLUSHING   &   NORTH   SIDE   RAIL   ROAD   COMPANY
THE   FLUSHING,   NORTH   SHORE &   CENTRAL   RAILROAD   COMPANY





JUNE  1910  LOOKING  EAST  JUST  EAST  OF  QUEENS  NASSAU  COUNTY  LINE.
AT  THE  FAR  RIGHT  IS  THE  ORIGINAL  NORTH  SHORE  RAILROAD  TRACK.
IN 1907 AND 1910 THE PROPERTY WAS ACQUIRED FOR THE 2408  FEET LONG "CUT-OFF".
AT THE LEFT THE NEW TRACK IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION.   RIGHT CENTER ARE SEEN
THE CONTRACTOR'S NARROW GAGE LOCOMOTIVES,  EQUIPMENT AND WATER TOWER.



IN  1913  THE  LINE  WAS  DOUBLE -  TRACKED  TO  GREAT  NECK  AND  ELECTRIFIED.

AFTER THE NEW "CUT-OFF" WAS COMPLETED AN OVERHEAD BRIDGE WAS BUILT 405 FEET EAST OF THE CUTTER MILL ROAD GRADE CROSSING  (CROSSING NUMBER 475 AND PROTECTED BY MANUAL GATES).   THE NEW ROAD WAS CALLED MILL NECK ROAD AND EVENTUALLY CUTTERMILL ROAD AND REPLACED THE GRADE CROSSING.   THE BRIDGE OPENED SEPTEMBER 19 1914 AS CROSSING NUMBER 475A AND CAN BE SEEN IN THE DISTANCE IN THE 1914 AND 1925 PHOTOGRAPHS.



LOOKING   EAST   CIRCA   1914


LOOKING   EAST   CIRCA   1925


1950  -  1954   JOHN   KRAUSE   PHOTOS




AUTOMATIC   GATES   AND   HIGH   PLATFORMS   WERE   INSTALLED   BY   1978




THIS   IS   JUNE   1967



Return to ----> DOUGLASTON

go to ----> FLUSHING RAIL ROAD - N.Y. & FLUSHING R.R.

return to ----> HOME PAGE