ARRT'S    ARRCHIVES




Copyright 2001-2014 Arthur John Huneke
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


THE   LONG   ISLAND   RAIL   ROAD   COMPANY
JAMAICA       FREIGHT
JOHNSON     AVENUE     FREIGHT     HOUSE




LOOKING   WEST   CIRCA   1870.     BUILDING   AT   RIGHT   WAS   FREIGHT   HOUSE.


JAMAICA   IN   1873


A NUMBER OF MEAT COMPANIES RECEIVED REFRIGERATOR CARS OF BEEF, LAMB AND PORK.


AFTER THE 1913 TRACK ELEVATION ARMOUR AND COMPANY HAD A BUILDING JUST EAST OF SUTPHIN BLVD AND
A PRIVATE SIDING KNOWN AS "ARMOUR SIDING" EVEN YEARS AFTER THE DELIVERY OF MEAT HAD CEASED.



SEE EARLY JAMAICA STATION PART ONE

SEE EARLY JAMAICA STATION PART TWO

JAMAICA   FREIGHT   STATION   CIRCA   1900


ON JAMAICA AVENUE OPPOSITE THE FREIGHT HOUSE WAS J. & T. ADIKES, WHOLESALE GROCERS.




THE COMPANY EVENTUALLY MOVED TO HILLSIDE.   THE VACANT BUILDING BURNED IN 1930.



JOHNSON   AVENUE   FREIGHT   YARD

from "FREIGHT FACILITIES WITHIN BOROUGHS OF BROOKLYN AND QUEENS....." 1916















"THE   BAKERS"   SIDING

CONTINENTAL BAKING COMPANY RECEIVED FLOUR, SUGAR AND CORN SYRUP







Return   to   ----->   JAMAICA   EAST   PART   THREE


Return   to   ----->   HILLSIDE   STATION   AND   RJ   TOWER