ARRT'S    ARRCHIVES





GOD   BLESS   AMERICA!

Copyright © 2013   Arthur   John   Huneke
ALL   RIGHTS   RESERVED


THE     LONG     ISLAND     RAIL     ROAD     COMPANY
VAN   WYCK   AVENUE   STATION   -   BERLIN   STATION
DUNTON   STATION   and   MP   TOWER
THE   SOUTH   SIDE   RAIL   ROAD   COMPANY   OF   LONG   ISLAND


VAN   WYCK   AVENUE   STATION   -   BERLIN   STATION

EMPLOYE   TIME   TABLE   NUMBER   21   OF   APRIL   20,   1859
MENTIONS   VAN   WYCK   AVENUE   (AND   LEFFERT   AVENUE)   STATION




SOUTH   SIDE   RAIL   ROAD   TIME   TABLES   FROM   1869
AND   1870   SHOW   VAN   WYCK   AVENUE   STATION.
 



TIME   TABLES   FROM   1871   AND   1875   AND   BEER'S   1873 ATLAS   AND   COLTON'S
1873   MAP   SHOW   BERLIN   STATION   AT   THE   CROSSING   OF   THE   SOUTH   SIDE
RAIL   ROAD   AND   THE   BROOKLYN   CENTRAL   AND   JAMAICA   RAILROAD














DUNTON     STATION

BY 1890 RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY WAS BOOMED AND DUNTON STATION HAD OPENED.

THE BROOKLYN DAILY EAGLE ON OCTOBER 9, 1892 STATED THAT FREDERICK DUNTON
HAD   BUILT   THE   "PRETTY   LITTLE   STATION"   AS   A   GIFT   TO   THE   RAILROAD.
THE STATION WAS WEST OF VAN WYCK AVENUE AND SOUTH OF THE ATLANTIC BRANCH.

THE EAGLE ON OCTOBER 9, 1892 STATED THAT BY THAT DATE
THE WAITING ROOM HAD BEEN CLOSED AND THE DOORS LOCKED.



IN 1892 DUNTON PARK OFFERED FREE TRAIN TRANSPORTATION FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN SEEING LOTS.
       

IN ADDITION TO ATLANTIC DIVISION TRAINS MONTAUK BRANCH TRAINS STOPPED AT DUNTON.
MAY 4, 1895 PUBLIC TIME TABLE.
 

IN 1897 THE STATION WAS MOVED.
 

 



DUNTON   STATION   AND   VAN   WYCK   AVENUE   GRADE   CROSSING   IN   1904


AND   IN   1908


THE 1890 STATION BUILDING WAS MOVED AND USED BY L. I. R. R. ELECTRICIANS AS LATE AS APRIL 2, 1921.


IN 1910 THE MAIN LINE TRACKS CROSSING VAN WYCK AVENUE WERE
RAISED AND THE CROSSING ELIMIMINATED.   IN THE FOREGROUND IS
THE ATLANTIC BRANCH AND THE FIRST TEMPORARY DUNTON STATION.



GO TO TEMPORARY DUNTON STATION

TOWER NUMBER 67 LATER "MP" ON THE ATLANTIC BRANCH AT EAST END OF MORRIS PARK SHOPS.


SEPTEMBER   12,   1911   -   THE MONTAUK DIVISION EMBANKMENT AND
THE UNDERJUMP TO THE PASSENGER YARDS ARE BEING COMPLETED.


NOVEMBER   9,   1911


THE   RETAINING   WALL   AND   MAURE   AVENUE   UNDER-CROSSING   REQUIRED   UNUSUAL   CONSTRUCTION













CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW STATION DECEMBER 16, 1913


THE NEW DUNTON STATION AND MP TOWER OPENED BY APRIL 1914












MP   TOWER





DUNTON   TOWER   AND   MORRIS   PARK   YARD   c1938   -   PHOTO   COURTESY   DAVE   KELLER.
THANKS     DAVE!


DUNTON   STATION   WAS   CLOSED   NOVEMBER   1,   1939





Return   to   ----->   JAMAICA   ELIMINATION   HOW   IT   WAS   DONE


Return   to   ----->   JAMAICA   STATION   PART   TWO